Syncing Users with a Data Source
How to sync your users database with a data source.
Using this feature, you can connect your data to a data source and store your users there as well.
To be able to connect to Airtable, you need to have at least one data source connected. This can be done from your application’s Settings ⇒ Data Sources or directly from the Users Tab.
To start the setup, you need to hit the Connect to data source button as shown below.
Next, you need to select from one of your connected data source or link a new one.
In the following screen, we need to map the Mandatory fields and can connect the Optional ones as well.
The following fields are available for mapping:
- Airtable Base (choose the base to which you want to connect)
- Users Table (choose a table within the base)
- Email Field (choose the field for storing the user's email)
- Name Field (choose the field for storing the user's name)
- Magic Link Field (choose the field for storing the user's magic link)
- Avatar field (choose the field for storing user's avatar; instructions on setting up avatar can be found here)
After specifying these parameters, hit Save, and that's it. Now, any user added in your Softr app will be added to the specified Airtable base as well.
Editing connection and deleting users
You can edit or remove the established connection at any time using the corresponding action in the Connection menu.
You can delete any of the existing users by selecting them from the database and hitting the Delete button.
Last updated on December 6, 2022